Chat rules Change
After a lengthy internal discussion, we have decided to change our chat rules with regards to General and Premium chat. In recent trends, many players have made it a daily business to provoke and incite against staff through a various means of misuse of the general chat. This practice is destructive not only to the staff’s energy to deal with such things, but also sapping away from energy to help people who actually need help, due to the harassing nature of this behavior.
We also recognize that with the player number growth, moderating General and Premium becomes more unfeasible. It is already becoming hard to control the conversation topic with a couple of staff members towards over 100 players, and this will only become harder.
The basic idea of the rules change:
- Minor chat abuses such as usage of hashtags are no longer moderated against in General and Premium chat.
- General and Premium will now only be moderated for offensive content, described as racist, discriminatory, sexist, vulgar, or otherwise unwanted language.
- General and Premium will not be moderated for English only usage; any language can be used, though it is recommended to use English to make yourself understandable.
- Any other chat channel, such as Local, Help, Trade, Recruitment, will still be moderated like before, even for the usage of minor chat abuses such as hashtags or the usage of non English language.
- Usage of offensive content, as defined by the second point, will receive higher punishments. Instead of regular small mutes or jails, we will start banning people for using offensive language and content in public chat channels.
We will not retroactively remove any bans, mutes or punishments handed against people for the rules which have been repealed now. If these were to submit a punishment appeal, we will judge and vote as if the rules were not repealed.