In this category you find the general news that does not fit into another category.
Fendarfell has now been released for premium members. To celebrate the release we added a new quest giver NPC “Captain Jack” at the Regalian plaza. Captain Jack currently has 3 quests and we are planning on adding more. In these quests you help Captain Jack preparing for the journey to Fendarfell. The map has been lost, the ship need repairs and the crewmembers are missing.
Become premium to get early access to Fendarfell and participate in the MassiveQuest plugin beta.
After some calculations I concluded our server cloud had some power to spare. Thus I increased our view distance. You can now see 43% longer than before. We were previously running with view distance 7. Now we are running with view distance 10.
The screenshots below look that good because I used Optifine + the official MassiveCraft resource pack. You should too!
Gana-Isha and Kelmoria have now been removed but do not fear! Fendarfell is Near (that rhymes lol)!
Fendarfell is a world with large plains. The landscape range from beautiful volcanoes and coves to mystic mushroom islands. It’s also the first map featuring the use of our new “HD BiomeObject pack system” which create more realistic and varied forests. Are you moving your Faction base? Fendarfell features 32 extra rare locations that might suit you:
- 9 volcanoes
- 9 mushroom islands
- 14 oases
Premium members get early access starting this Saturday (2013-10-12 YYYY-MM-DD). Nonpremium players get access next staturday, one week later that is. Many thanks to our premium supporters. It’s thanks to you we can keep improving and release new maps like this one.
The beta version of our new custom plugin MassiveQuest is here. Premium members can now test the first quest “Tour of Regalia”. Talk to the NPC called “Old Man Harry” at the spawn. In this quest you’ll get to know Regalia better, learn some of it’s back story and get some item rewards.
We currently working on more quests and over the course of the upcoming few weeks you will see more quest givers appear the the plaza in Regalia. Quest givers can be recognized by their pink names.
Become premium here, test the quest and tell us what you think at: http://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/questing-plugin-open-for-beta-testing.11256/
This photo was taken at the release yesterday at the Regalian plaza. Old Man Harry is inside the bedrock box.
A quick bullet list of stuff everyone should know.
- We have changed a line in our “hacked account treatment”. We still do not transfer MCMMO, Money, Items or anything of the like to alt accounts from hacked accounts. If provided with valid proof of ownership of both accounts however, we are prepared to transfer faction ownership.
- Massive Armor has been removed from the voting rewards system. All remaining Massive armor items will be transferred to 10 in game silver as soon as the user attempts to click and or use it. We chose to remove it after popular support from the players to make this change.
- Contrary to popular opinion, @Golden_Dragon is not the same person as the infamous Golden_Dragon god-rper who used to terrorize the forum and Regalia with his below standard roleplay quality, metagaming and rule breaking, as well as ban evading etc etc. The ip’s are completely different and I did a double check on the provider of Golden_Dragon2000, and it’s not a proxy as it has a legit Times warner cable connection line.
- We are now running the “anti evil machines” plugin on the server. This basically stops anyone from placing more than a certain amount of minecarts in a certain radius of each other. Why did we do this? Ithania would often suffer from large sorting machines, cutting server performance down to 4.0 TPS from 20.0 TPS due to chunk loading. We don’t want players to kill the performance of the server that much just because they don’t want to manually sort items.
- We changed our policy on rendering services for real life money or goods/services not otherwise attainable inside MassiveCraft on the forum.
Especially this last point needs to be more explained. Before it was never allowed to offer any services for money or links to website generating people money based off the population of MassiveCraft. We decided to change this today for a multitude of reasons. So what has exact changed?
- You may now post youtube links on the forum to your or other people’s youtube accounts on the forum, which have advertisements enabled, thus effectively making traffic to your youtube channel and gaining advertisement funds from it. As long as your video’s do not break the MassiveCraft TOS or Youtube TOS, you can post any youtube link you like.
- You may now sell/buy in game silver or premium on the forum for real life money or vice versa on the forum. Additionally, anyone who buys and sells premium trough the forum from another player will enjoy investment protection. If you get scammed for premium sales on the “black market”, you will not get your money back. If you become the victim of a scam that is recorded on the forum, you will receive a full refund on your in game silver (Premium payments are still not refunded as they are donations and not payments. we are not legally obliged to return a faulty payment).
- You may now sell services or goods in game for real life currency and or goods and or services on the forum. For example, you may sell your architectural abilities, artwork, mining time, etc. for real life currency. Additionally, much like the previous point, if your purchase or service was recorded on the forum we will refund any lost silver that was scammed trough a transaction. We will not refund any money or lost time since we are obviously not part of the tansaction.
This policy change only covers the forum. You may still not advertise any of this on the server. Additionally, advertising any of this in trade or general chat is now becoming illegal. You may not sell premium in trade chat anymore, only on the forum. We encourage everyone to transfer silver first and money last when they deal with premium sales.
Kelmoria and Gana-Isha are scheduled for removal 2013-10-07 (YYYY-MM-DD). We are working on a new nether world map to replace them.
We have now updated MassiveCraft to Minecraft 1.6.4. This is a bugfix update and there should hopefully be less mcMMO bugs now. We also added 7 new CraftBook features for testing. Tell us what you think!
We are working on expanding the Regalian Archives, but we need more books for it. Our lore department is working on books right now, but we want the players to be able to contribute as well. The library, ideally, will be a place people can visit with a book and quill and just spend hours reading in game events, lore, politics, religions, fiction, myths and much more. The drop off boxes are marked as following:
You can reach the Imperial Library the fastest by using /warp market, walking straight trough the market district and then turning left after passing the wall, as seen from screenshot below.
If any of the boxes is refusing more books, please contact a staff member to clear them.
We now have a voting system: http://www.massivecraft.com/vote
You can vote 3 times a day and each time you get nice rewards.
Right now we have 500 player slots and in a few months we will have 1000. The player slots are no longer a bottleneck for the growth of our community. The time has come to invite more players! Your vote matters! Through your support other players find their way to MassiveCraft and our community will grow.