- Use our official resource pack
It’s great and very suitable for medieval fantasy.
- Decide on a race for your character
Are you Human? Elf? Dwarf? etc.
- Get a suitable medieval fantasy skin for that race
A good skin improves the role playing experience for everyone.
- Read the rules
Knowing the rules is a good idea even though they mostly are common sense.
- Join a faction on the server
The gameplay is quite faction centric. You should really join one. It’s fun.
- Emerge into the RP universe and shape your destiny
What is your profession? What is your characters goal in life?
The player names are displayed with certain colors.
- Players Normal players have white chat color.
- Premium Premium members have green chat color.
- Rank1 also known as “Trusted” have yellow chat color.
- Rank2 also known as “Mods” have golden chat color.
- Rank3 also known as “Admins” have blue chat color.
There are in-game commands that control every aspect of your player and world.
Learn about Commands here
We at MassiveCraft are the main developers of the plugin Factions. This plugin allow our players to create factions/guilds. The factions can claim territory that will be protected from non-members. Factions can forge alliances and declare themselves enemies with others.
Learn more about Factions here
In the medieval MassiveCraft universe you choose a race to play as.
Learn more about Races here
Anyone can become a vampire, but do you want to? During daytime vampires cower from sunlight. During the night the humans reach for their holy water and wooden stakes as the vampires roam the lands with inhuman strength, speed and levitation-powers. Driven by their endless bloodlust, they devour all living in their way.
Learn more about Vampires here
Lock your chests
You can lock chests, doors, and other valuable blocks using LWC.
Learn more about LWC here
Money and Commerce
You can trade with other players or purchase goods from chest shops using our ingame currency. Why not open your own store and get rich?
Learn more about MassiveMoney here
We have enabled the following CraftBook Mechanics on MassiveCraft:
All standard recipes work on MassiveCraft. We have however added in a few custom recipes that work on MassiveCraft only.
Learn more about Custom Recipes here
More Player Models
MassiveCraft supports the client side mod More Player Models.
Learn more about More Player Models here
PorteCoulissante (Redstone Gates)
With just a few fences and some redstone dust, you can turn this nice-looking gate into a fully-working porcullis!
Learn more about PorteCoulissante (Redstone Gates) here
Changed Game Mechanics
- Compasses always point north.In vanilla minecraft the compasses point to the world spawn point or your home bed. Since our goal is survival realism we made the compass point north all the time on MassiveCraft.
- Fire won’t spread.This means you can safely craft a fireplace in your wooden house and that you don’t need to fear wildfires.
- Explosions are disabled.TNT and Creeper explosions will damage players and animals but not blocks.
- Endermen won’t move blocks.They usually do but on MassiveCraft they neither pick up nor place anything.
- Some blocks are dropped instead of destroyed.If you destroy a glowstone, bookshelf, dead bush or spiderweb on this server the block itself will drop as opposed to default minecraft behavior.
- Ender Pearl usage has 15 seconds cooldown.You must wait 15 seconds between throwing Ender Pearls.
We use the latest version of TeamSpeak for voice chat on this server. Many players use this application for many purposes such as coordinating faction activities, meeting new friends and more! Voice makes a big difference when exploring new continents.
- Grab a copy by downloading the client here and install it.
- We use the IP massivecraft.com and the default port.