- Use our official texture pack
It’s great and very suitable for medieval fantasy.
- Decide on a race for your character
Are you Human? Elf? Dwarf? etc.
- Get a suitable medieval fantasy skin for that race
A good skin improves the role playing experience for everyone.
- Read the rules
Knowing the rules is a good idea even though they mostly are common sense.
- Join a faction on the server
The gameplay is quite faction centric. You should really join one. It’s fun.
- Emerge into the RP universe and shape your destiny
What is your profession? What is your characters goal in life?
There are in-game commands at your disposal. Learn about the chat commands here.
The player names are displayed with certain colors. These are our name colors and what they mean:
- Players Normal players have white chat color.
- Premium Premium members have green chat color.
- Rank1 also known as “Trusted” have yellow chat color.
- Rank2 also known as “Mods” have golden chat color.
- Rank3 also known as “Admins” have blue chat color.
You will see colored names in the chat.
We at MassiveCraft are the main developers of the plugin Factions. This plugin allow our players to create factions/guilds. The factions can claim territory that will be protected from non-members. Factions can forge alliances and declare themselves enemies with others. Read more about the Factions here
Anyone can become a vampire, but do you want to? During daytime vampires cower from sunlight. During the night the humans reach for their holy water and wooden stakes as the vampires roam the lands with inhuman strength, speed and levitation-powers. Driven by their endless bloodlust, they devour all living in their way.
Read more about the Vampires here
In the medieval MassiveCraft universe you choose a race to play as.
Read more about races here
In-game money and commerce
The in-game currency is silver and copper. You can use them to trade with other players or purchase goods from Chest Shops. Read all about money and commerce here
You can lock chests (and doors) by placing a sign close to them. You get more detailed information in game when you place a chest somewhere. Read more here
You can make big, redstone-powered gates of nether-fence, wood-fence and iron-fence.
Read about how fence-gates work here
We have added these extra crafting recipes:
- 1x Wool and 6x Iron Ingot → Iron Horse Armor [Premium Members Only]
- 1x Wool and 6x Gold Ingot → Gold Horse Armor [Premium Members Only]
- 1x Wool and 6x Diamond → Diamond Horse Armor [Premium Members Only]
- 1x String, 1x Paper and 1x Emerald → Name Tag [Premium Members Only]
- 5x Leather and 3x Iron Ingot → Saddle
- 2x Lava Bucket and 2x Water Bucket → Obsidian
- 5x Bonemeal and 4x Sand → Endstone
- 5x Slimeballs and 4x Dirt → Mycelium
- Dirt and Wheat Seeds → 3x Grass block
- 5x String ↔ Cobweb
- Normal Cobblestone ↔ Mossy Cobblestone
- The Stone Brick variants are connected in a circular manner:
Normal → Mossy → Cracked → Chiseled → Normal …
- The Sandstone variants are connected in a circular manner:
Normal → Smooth → Chiseled → Normal …
- 4x Brown Mushroom → 1x Huge Red Mushroom Fleshy Piece
- 4x Red Mushroom → 1x Huge Red Mushroom Top Piece
- 3x Brown Mushroom and Bonemeal → 1x Huge Red Mushroom Stem Piece
- 3x Brown Mushroom and Cocoa Beans → 1x Huge Brown Mushroom Stem Piece
- Stick, 2x Lava Bucket and 4x Glowstone → Blaze Rod
- Oak Sapling and 4x Wheat Seeds → Fern
- Glowstone Block ↔ 4x Glowstone Dust
- Clay Block ↔ 4x Clay Balls
- Wool → 2x String
- Tall grass → Fern → Dead Bush
- Dead Shrub → Dead Bush
- Iron Fence/Bars (in armor pattern) → Chainmail Armor
Sit in chairs
A chair is simply any kind of staircase. Right-click it while sneaking to sit down. Right-click the staircase again to stand up.
Changed game mechanics
- Compasses always point north.
In vanilla minecraft the compasses point to the world spawn point or your home bed. Since our goal is survival realism we made the compass point north all the time on MassiveCraft.
- Fire won’t spread.
This means you can safely craft a fireplace in your wooden house and that you don’t need to fear wildfires.
- Explosions are disabled.
TNT and Creeper explosions will damage players and animals but not blocks.
- Endermen won’t move blocks.
They usually do but on MassiveCraft they neither pick up nor place anything.
- Some blocks are dropped instead of destroyed.
If you destroy a glowstone, bookshelf, dead bush or spiderweb on this server the block itself will drop as opposed to default minecraft behavior.
We use TeamSpeak for voicechat on this server.
Download the client and install it.
We use the IP massivecraft.com and the default port.