Easy To Use
The plugin has no chat commands.
Just build a cool gate-frame, replace a bottom block with diamond and hit it with a clock.
Gates with the same frame materials are connected to each other.
How do I install?
- Place CreativeGates.jar in your plugin folder.
- Make sure you have a proper multiworld plugin.
- Configure permissions if you use a permission plugin.
Make sure you have a proper multiworld plugin such as MultiVerse.
These are the permissions:
creativegates.*: children: creativegates.create: true creativegates.destroy: true creativegates.use: true creativegates.create: description: create gates default: true creativegates.destroy: description: destroy gates default: true creativegates.use: description: use gates default: true
How do I create a gate?
- Build a cool frame in any material(s) you like.
- Replace one of the bottom frame blocks with a diamond block.
- Hit the diamond block with a watch/clock.
How do I close a gate?
Destroy one of the frame blocks.
Diamond is expensive won’t my gates be griefed all the time?
You could change diamond to something less expensive. Check out conf.txt.
You could give only admins rights to create and destroy gates.
You could use some other plugin to protect your gates. This is how we do it here on MassiveCraft.
How are the gates connected to each other?
The gates are connected with all other gates that has the same materials in the frame. The size or design of the gate does not matter. The gates are connected in a circular manner. So you may have 5 gates with the same frame materials and those gates will link to each other like a snake biting it’s tail:
Which side of the destination portal will I appear at?
It does NOT matter from which way you enter the portal. North or east side is tested first. If that side is blocked by something then south or west will be tested. If that side also is blocked the gate is skipped entirely.
Can I ride minecarts through portals?
No. Currently you can’t. Perhaps in a future release.
Can I travel between different worlds?
- 1.3.3 – R5 compatible
- 1.3.2 – 1317 compatible, NPE-fix, Smoke effects and right click for creative mode.
- 1.3.1 – Possibly solved the gates not saving bug.
- 1.3.0 – Concurrency-issues should be fixed. Better softdepends.
- 1.2.0 – Now using MassiveCraftCore. Some minor improvements.
- 1.1.4 – Support for Permissions 2.x / 3.x and PermissionsEX if using their bridge.
- 1.1.3 – Native Permissions. New perm “creativegates.use”.
- 1.1.2 – Snow will not block portals. Added “maxarea” to the config.
- 1.1.1 – Solved a severe multiworld bug.
- 1.1.0 – Permissions and configuration
- 1.0.1 – Removal of diamond blocks now destroys the gate
- 1.0.0 – First version
- Investigate keeping chunks in memory.
- Merge in AncientGates functionality.
- Investigate why the water flows out from gates some times.
- Investigate the “same coords + different worlds = loopteleport” bug