- Use a medieval fantasy skin.
- Stick to a medieval fantasy building style.
- Don’t use flags or symbols from the real world. Make up new fictatious ones.
- Common sense is our main driving factor in the rules. If you are unsure whether something is against the rules, ask a team member. When a team members tells you to do something, or not to do something, don’t argue with them over it. Don’t tell team members what to do or how to punish people. Backseat Moderating is not appreciated. If you feel mistreated by any of the rules or team members take it to the forums. We run a family-friendly server. We ask you to keep bad language to a minimum, and we don’t want to see any erotic roleplay. Selling or buying female or male specific slaves in trade is not allowed.
- No irresponsible, disturbing, disrespectful or offensive behavior on the server. This covers things such as trolling, name calling, griefing in certain cases or otherwise generally abusive behavior.
- Griefing for the intent of griefing is not allowed. You are allowed to steal iron, gold and diamond blocks, and you are allowed to “break” a wall to gain entry. You may also harvest resources from wilderness, but you are expected to be reasonable. A Team Member has the final call on whether a grief is actually a grief, or RP destruction. Killing animals is not considered griefing.
- Do not abuse the factions plugin to annoy, troll or otherwise ruin the game for other people. Our household rule is that you must settle a minimum of 16 chunks away from other factions. You may also not claim an area that is still being actively used. You can see if an area is active by doing /seen or contacting the owner of an area to see if they are still active.
- Be patient and friendly with team members. Team members spend their free time to help you and the server, and are often very busy. Disrespecting and wasting team members time is a bannable offence, and so is arguing with an admin over the rules. If you have a problem with the rules, take it to the forum.
- Hacks exploits and otherwise abusing minecraft mechanics that do not work as intended is bannable, often resulting in a permban. If you see a player use hacks or cheats, do not post about it in global. Contact a team member as quickly as possible, and provide proof. Attacking people without proof may result in a mute or ban. If you manage to find an exploit on the server, you must report this to an admin. Do not use any out of game method to gain an in game advantage. This is a very broad phrase, but it can range from putting a weight on your mousebutton to afk farm, or bribe/threaten someone out of game to give you in game items.
- Scamming players in any form/way/place/time is bannable in any and all cases.
- Advertising servers, website links or anything unrelated to Massivecraft for personal gain or the gain of others is a bannable offence. Links to anything on the internet is not allowed in global chat, only admins may post links through broadcast.
- Do not abuse any of the chat rooms. This means no spamming, using colors, or excessive caps lock or shift chat. Trade chat is only for Trade chat, Personal conversations are only meant to take place in private or in alliance chat. Do not make excessive use of global.
- This server is a roleplay server. While we do not force roleplay onto people, we do enforce the roleplay universe. We will not allow you to build futuristic buildings, or giant sunroofs to give an advantage to vampires in your faction. We would also request you do not purposely get in the way of people roleplaying. Admins also reserve the right to tear down or otherwise remove buildings or objects that do not fit any roleplay purpose, or are considered making the world uglier.
- Raiding is allowed on the server, however if you wish to not be raided you can pay a tribute to the raiding faction so they have to leave you alone for a time. In debth Raiding and tribute rules can be found here: http://massivecraft.com/harassment-and-tribute-rule
Rules Questions & Answers
To clarify some of the rules, we decided to write some Q&A’s to expand information on certain rules and situations.
1. Help! an enemy faction killed all my animals! they griefed!
This is legal, killing the wildlife of your enemy is not considered griefing.
2. X player is breaking X rule! Why don’t the admins do something about it!
Because we as admins can only see what is being reported. Don’t expect us to magically know what is going on. We have to manage hundreds of players every day with just a couple of staff members.
3. My helpop was put in 2 days ago, why am I still not being helped!
Sometimes helpops stack, meaning there are over 30 open helpops and only 2 staff members online at a time. Sometimes it simply takes time before your helpop may be processed. In other cases, your helpop may be closed. We remove helpops of players who are offline, and still have an open helpop.
4. I need something I made moved to another world / I want something copied
Admins will never use WorldEdit for your advantage. Sometimes Admins may choose to use WorldEdit or creative to help create roleplay facilities, or enhance the roleplay of a certain situation, but they will never lend their tools so you can boost your builds on the server.
5. My faction has been around for X amount of months and is really historical! Can I have it permanent?
Strictly speaking the answer is no. We make exceptions on the following criteria.
- The faction has no chests or resources inside it (if there are, they will be removed)
- The faction owners agree to release all rights to the faction in favor of the server admins, they may do with the faction as they please. The faction must also be empty, player wise.
- Using the permanented area to your advantage, either to loot, harvest or otherwise mantain operation will activate the guillotine line, causing the admins to remove the faction from effective existance.
- Any factions made permanent in the past no longer apply. If you want your faction back, you should contact an admin before they decide to do something with the faction.
6. We are a heavy roleplay faction who do not like being raided, can we have peacefull?
No. We never hand out faction flags to player factions, on the grounds that it’s unfair to others on the server, besides the fact we also encourage raiding and pvp, as well as the fact that this function has been abused in the past.
7. Player X scammed me with a shop sign which was purposefully sabotaged to not state what it was actually selling for how much.
Report this player, this offensive is bannable
8. I had an agreement with player X and he did not come back on his word, he scammed me! Admin help!
Admins will only agree to help in certain situations, for certain scams. Faction related scams are allowed in some situations, here below you can find several situations in which diffrent situations are highlighted.
- You hand over faction leadership to someone without having them sign a contract supervised by an admin, if he then refuses to give back ownership, he is within rights to do so.
- You sold a faction for 3000 silver, or bought one for that amount. Scamming faction transfers is illegal. It is true we do not support faction trade because we feel a faction should die if it’s owner doesn’t want it anymore, but we will act if a faction is used for scamming.
- A faction repeatedly taking in members, and then forcing them out while taking all their items is considered a “thug” faction. An admin may disband it without recompensation