The MassiveCraft team maintain and improve MassiveCraft. Read the the team codex for more information on suggested team member behavior.
There are eight departments and three ranks. A team member may belong to more than one department at a time. You have one rank for each department.
The members of the direction department are handpicked by Cayorion. The directors write project specifications for the rest of the team to pick. Then they rank team members up or down based on their activity and what projects they complete. The higher your rank is the more authority you have when it comes to decisions for that department. That authority does however almost never need to be used and the main purpose of the ranks is to acknowledge the contribution from that team member.
Team Members get extra ingame permissions, a name color and a name prefix. The department in which the player has the highest rank is used. This primary department and rank will together form a teamtag. Cayorion’s teamtag is “Direction3″ since he is rank 3 and is primarily in the direction department. Teamtags are visible in the chat.
These are the minimum requirements to become and stay at a certain rank. The projects completed must be relevant to the department.
An aspirant is actually a normal player. Aspirants are however allowed to participate the weekly team meetings on TeamSpeak and pick projects.
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Have a decent knowledge of English.
- Apply and get approved through votes from current rank2+ people.
Get at least 3 yes votes and at most 1 no vote.
- Completed 4 projects the last 10 weeks (in that department).
- Completed 5 projects the last 10 weeks (in that department).
- Display a will to work on what’s most important to MassiveCraft as a whole.
- Supportive and communicative to others in the department (work with others).
- Completed 6 projects the last 10 weeks (in that department).
- Be a driving force in the progress of the department.
- Energize and motivate other members of the department (get others to work or help them learn stuff).
These are the 8 departments and their responsibilities.
- Decide the future goals and direction for MassiveCraft.
- Create projects for the other team members to complete.
- Handle team member ranks.
- Formulate policies.
- Write the storyline and lore.
- Involve player in the lore and roleplay.
- Create ingame events.
- Create ingame book items.
- Create new worlds using WorldPainter and TerrainControl.
- Build custom structures for new maps (BO2/BO3).
- Maintain and cleanup in existing worlds.
- Build and maintain ingame public areas.
- Maintain the MassiveCraft image and brand.
- Do marketing and advertisements.
- Write news on Facebook and other medias.
- Answer emails.
- Manage conversations on the forums.
- Gather information for other departments (mainly direction).
- Research what’s new in the next minecraft update.
- Create polls to get an understanding of the the playerbase.
- Preserve knowledge by writing tutorials for the team and players.
- Write guides and content on the main website.
- Maintain and improve upon the graphic profile for MassiveCraft.
- Create images for news posts and guides.
- Create informative videos and trailers.
- Maintain the official texturepack.