- Use our MassiveCraft Medieval Texture Pack
It’s great and very suitable for medieval fantasy.
- Get a suitable medieval fantasy skin for that race
A good skin improves the role playing experience for everyone.
- Read the rules
Knowing the rules will save you a lot of trouble in the future!
- Join a faction on the server
The gameplay is quite faction centric. You should really join one. It’s fun.
- Break into the RP universe and shape your destiny
What is your profession? What is your character’s goal in life?
- Get an account on the forums!
Announcements, competitions, Q&A’s and so much more!
- Sign up for Premium and become a donor!
Get benefits unavailable to normal players and support the server while you’re at it!
Changed Game Mechanics
- Ender Pearl usage has a 15 seconds cooldown
You must wait 15 seconds between throwing another Ender Pearl.
- Explosions are disabled.
TNT and Creeper explosions will damage players and mobs but not blocks.
- Fire won’t spread
This means you can safely craft a fireplace in your wooden house and that you don’t need to fear wildfires.
- Compasses always point north
In vanilla Minecraft the compasses points to the world spawn point or your home bed. Since our goal is survival realism we made the compass point north at all times.
- Endermen won’t move blocks
They will neither pick up nor place anything.
- Some blocks are dropped instead of destroyed
If you destroy a glowstone, bookshelf, dead bush or spiderweb on this server the block itself will drop as opposed to the default Minecraft behavior.
- Armor won’t drop on death.
Have no fear of losing your most precious equipment in the heat of battle. Any items equipped in your armor slots stay on death!
MassiveChat is one of our many custom plugins designed exclusively for MassiveCraft. This plugin provides feature rich chat channels, a private message system and mailing system. It also has an emotion system that produces sound and particle effects when you want to express yourself in an immersive way. Ever find yourself in a large battle and want to tell enemies from friends? You can change the player name colors to help you do just that. These are only a few of the awesome things this plugin can do. Read below to learn more about the available commands.
- Basic Chat commands
- /c join G – Join a chat channel in this case General see list below for all chat channels
- /reply – Makes you reply to the last person who messaged you
- /msg – This allows you to message individual players
- Chat Channels – To switch chats simply do G: or H: and you will be informed which chat you are speaking in.
- G (General) – This is the main server wide chat channel where you can socialise with all online players, use general chat by doing G:
- L (Local) – This is the RP chat, you can use emotes in this chat. Only players around you will be able to see what you are saying when you do L:
- T (Trade) – Trade chat is where you buy, sell, auction and bid on items. Do T: to focus tradechat.
- H (Help) – Help chat is a great place to ask questions, if you are having a hard time figuring something out you can ask your fellow players if they know by doing H:
- F (Faction) – If you joined a faction and want to talk to your faction mates you use F:
- A (Alliance) – Many factions have alliances and all allied faction share an ally chat, this is accessed by doing A:
- R (Recruitment) – If you are new to the server asking in R: for a faction is a great idea, old factions often recruit actively in this chat as well.
The staff are here to help you out as best they can, to request assistance from staff do /ti create [issue] and they will help you as soon as possible. There are in-game commands that control every aspect of your player and world. These can be tricky to learn at first, use H: for help chat to ask for player help for example. We have listed a few commands that are commonly used on the server, these can be very valuable to learn as they can come in handy especially the /wb which gives you an entire inventory extra to fill up.
Quick list of In-Game Commands:
- /ti – This opens the ticket GUI
- /ti create – Used to call staff to your aid
- /wb – Open the portable workbench.
- /bp – Open the your backpack.
- /trash – Opens a trashcan inventory. Items in the trashcan are destroyed when you close it.
- /lag – See player count per server and the TPS per server.
- /tps – TPS history chart with one bar per second.
- /tp – Open the teleportation chest GUI.
- /mcstats – Shows your MCMMO stats
- /f home – Teleports you to your faction’s home
- /as – Shows available commands for AreaShop
- /lock – Brings up lock commands so you can lock your chests
- /s Gui- Opens the donator shop Gui where you can browse what items you can buy
- /trade – Allows you to trade items safely and see how much money you get in return, safety for both parties
- /tp hub – Brings you to the main hub where you can chose your gamemode
- /seen [player] – Will give you basic information about a player, how much money they have, when they were last seen online and more.
- /money – Gives you access to money commands, you can show your own balance, give others money or check the /money top to see who has the most money on the server.
We at MassiveCraft are the main developers of the plugin Factions. This plugin allows our players to create factions/guilds. The factions can claim territory that will be protected from non-members. Factions can forge alliances and declare themselves enemies with others. Claimed land will also not be restored by our automated restoration feature.
- /lock – Explore the various options and abilities you have with this tool!
All members here on MassiveCraft can use our CreativeGates plugin. This plugin allows you to easily build portals one way, two way or a whole chain of portals linking together for faster travel between you, your friends and your bases.
You can trade with other players or purchase goods from chest shops using our in-game currency. Why not open your own store and get rich? Do /money to get an overview of the money commands ingame. Making use of the /trade command for purchases and sales is also smart as it prevents scamming.
- /money – The basic command for MassiveMoney
MassiveQuest is just that, a quest plugin, find NPC’s with pink names and click on them to start a quest. We have a dungeon crawl called Arach’n solely powered by MassiveQuest. Immerse yourself in the many stories, travelling, solving riddles and dangerous monsters while deciding your own path.
- /q – Check out the list of quest you have or their objectives.
Create a unique experience for yourself in both survival and roleplay. Add on traits to get special passive abilities They can augment your mining, speed, and even hunger! Be prepared for every situation.
- /t – Get started with traits and view the list.
Never worry about griefed or destroyed landscapes with the MassiveRestore plugin! Any land that is unclaimed will eventually change back to the way it was before like it was never developed in the first place!
- /mr – The base command for all things MassiveRestore.
Don’t be stuck with the same old boring monsters anymore. MassiveMobs brings unique creatures and bosses to the table you won’t see anywhere else. Each with their own way of attacking and causing havoc!
All standard recipes work on MassiveCraft, however we added in a few custom recipes that work on MassiveCraft only. You can also craft potions in your workbench by adding the needed materials and a bottle.
More Player Models
MassiveCraft supports the client side Mod called “More Player Models”.
With just a few fences and some redstone dust, you can turn this nice-looking gate into a fully-working porcullis!
TeamSpeak Voice Chat
We use the latest version of TeamSpeak for voice chat on this server. Many players use this application for many purposes such as coordinating faction activities, meeting new friends and more! Voice makes a big difference when exploring new continents.
- Grab a copy by downloading the client here and install it.
- We use the IP massivecraft.com and the default port.
As you can see there is so much to do and so much to see in MassiveCraft. The possibilities are near limitless and you’ll always be discovering something new. Make an empire! Become a noble! Lead an army! Be what you want here at MassiveCraft. With new features being implemented all the time, weekly events, and immense forums, there’s always something to do.