- Use our MassiveCraft Medieval Texture Pack
It’s great and very suitable for medieval fantasy.
- Decide on a set of traits for your character
Are you Human? Elf? Dwarf? Define your unique strength and weakness using our custom plugin, MassiveTraits.
- Get a suitable medieval fantasy skin for that race
A good skin improves the role playing experience for everyone.
- Read the rules
Knowing the rules is a good idea even though they mostly are common sense.
- Join a faction on the server
The gameplay is quite faction centric. You should really join one. It’s fun.
- Emerge into the RP universe and shape your destiny
What is your profession? What is your characters goal in life?
Changed Game Mechanics
- Players and mobs sometimes drop their head on death
A Premium player has a 10% chance to decapitate a player, in which case that player’s head will be dropped (1% chance for mobs).
- Ender Pearl usage has a 15 seconds cooldown
You must wait 15 seconds between throwing another Ender Pearl.
- Explosions are disabled.
TNT and Creeper explosions will damage players and animals but not blocks.
- Fire won’t spread
This means you can safely craft a fireplace in your wooden house and that you don’t need to fear wildfires.
- Compasses always point north
In vanilla Minecraft the compasses points to the world spawn point or your home bed. Since our goal is survival realism we made the compass point north at all times.
- Endermen won’t move blocks
They will neither pick up nor place anything.
- Some blocks are dropped instead of destroyed
If you destroy a glowstone, bookshelf, dead bush or spiderweb on this server the block itself will drop as opposed to the default Minecraft behavior.
MassiveChat is one of our many custom plugins designed exclusively for MassiveCraft. This plugin provides feature rich chat channels, a private message system and mailing system. It also has an emotion system that produces sound and particle effects when you want to express yourself in an immersive way. Ever find yourself in a large battle and want to tell enemies from friends? You can change the player name colors to help you do just that. These are only a few of the awesome things this plugin can do. Read below to learn more about the available commands.
- Basic Chat commands
- /c join G – Join a chat channel in this case General see list below for all chat channels
- /reply – Makes you reply to the last person who messaged you
- /msg – This allows you to message individual players
- Chat Channels – To switch chats simply do G: or H: and you will be informed which chat you are speaking in.
- G (General) – This is the main server wide chat channel where you can socialise with all online players, use general chat by doing G:
- L (Local) – This is the RP chat, you can use emotes in this chat. Only players around you will be able to see what you are saying when you do L:
- T (Trade) – Trade chat is where you buy, sell, auction and bid on items. Do T: to focus tradechat.
- H (Help) – Help chat is a great place to ask questions, if you are having a hard time figuring something out you can ask your fellow players if they know by doing H:
- F (Faction) – If you joined a faction and want to talk to your faction mates you use F:
- A (Alliance) – Many factions have alliances and all allied faction share an ally chat, this is accessed by doing A:
- R (Recruitment) – If you are new to the server asking in R: for a faction is a great idea, old factions often recruit actively in this chat as well.
The staff are here to help you out as best they can, to request assistance from staff do /ti create [issue] and they will help you as soon as possible. There are in-game commands that control every aspect of your player and world. These can be tricky to learn at first, use H: for help chat to ask for player help for example. We have listed a few commands that are commonly used on the server, these can be very valuable to learn as they can come in handy especially the /wb which gives you an entire inventory extra to fill up.
Quick list of In-Game Commands:
- /ti create – Used to call staff to your aid
- /wb – Open the portable workbench.
- /bp – Open the your huge backpack.
- /trash – Opens a trashcan inventory. Items in the trashcan are destroyed when you close it.
- /lag – See player count per server and the TPS per server.
- /tps – TPS history chart with one bar per second.
- /tp – Open the teleportation chest GUI.
- /mcstats – Shows your MCMMO stats
- /f home – Teleports you to your faction’s home
- /as – Shows available commands for AreaShop
- /lock – Brings up lock commands so you can lock your chests
- /s Gui- Opens the donator shop Gui where you can browse what items you can buy
- /trade – Allows you to trade items safely and see how much money you get in return, safety for both parties
- /tp hub – Brings you to the main hub where you can chose your gamemode
- /seen [player] – Will give you basic information about a player, how much money they have, when they were last seen online and more.
- /money – Gives you access to money commands, you can show your own balance, give others money or check the /money top to see who has the most money on the server.
We at MassiveCraft are the main developers of the plugin Factions. This plugin allows our players to create factions/guilds. The factions can claim territory that will be protected from non-members. Factions can forge alliances and declare themselves enemies with others. Claimed land will also not be restored by our automated restoration feature.
You can lock chests, doors, and other valuable blocks using MassiveLock, you can also make shops where you can buy and sell items with this plugin. We encourage everyone to lock their chests and valuables so they do not get stolen.
All members here on MassiveCraft can use our CreativeGates plugin. This plugin allows you to easily build portals one way, two way or a whole chain of portals linking together for faster travel between you, your friends and your bases.
You can trade with other players or purchase goods from chest shops using our in-game currency. Why not open your own store and get rich? Do /money to get an overview of the money commands ingame. Making use of the /trade command for purchases and sales is also smart as it prevents scamming.
MassiveQuest is just that, a quest plugin, find NPC’s with pink names and click on them to start a quest. We have a dungeon crawl called Arach’n solely powered by MassiveQuest. Immerse yourself in the many stories, travelling, solving riddles and dangerous monsters while deciding your own path.
All standard recipes work on MassiveCraft, however we added in a few custom recipes that work on MassiveCraft only. You can also craft potions in your workbench by adding the needed materials and a bottle.
More Player Models
MassiveCraft supports the client side Mod called “More Player Models”.
With just a few fences and some redstone dust, you can turn this nice-looking gate into a fully-working porcullis!
TeamSpeak Voice Chat
We use the latest version of TeamSpeak for voice chat on this server. Many players use this application for many purposes such as coordinating faction activities, meeting new friends and more! Voice makes a big difference when exploring new continents.
- Grab a copy by downloading the client here and install it.
- We use the IP massivecraft.com and the default port.