Pictured: The Faction Argost, from the mountains near their base.
This week, Direction focused on Individual Direction and Paperwork, specifically helping out the Game Department better communicate to the player base, and assisting in the training of new aspirants. A few new aspirants were also taken on, and the usual bout of Server Emails, and Project Assigning were completed. Staff is still actively recruiting, so if you are interested in joining Tech, Quest, PR, Game, or World, please apply here! https://forums.massivecraft.com/forums/staff-applications.11/
- LumosJared x3: Individual Direction and Staff Apps.
- LumosJared x2: Changelog Structure and Paperwork.
- LumosJared x2: Staff:Dept Updates and Staff Recruitment.
This week, Game prepared and released the alpha version of the new factions survival map, Hadar, made by MonMarty, for public viewing at /tp Hadar. The Game 3s, Sir_Daragon, BlueChaos, and falconhand, worked on reformatting and updating various documents in the drive, such as training protocols for new aspirants and rank-ups. The Game 2s, qgmk, The_Fluorspar, TakeDown__, and Winterless, worked with the Tech Department to test nearly every plugin on MassiveCraft on version 1.15, a crucial step towards the 1.15 release. Issues were compiled and sent to Tech for debugging. Game also completed 45 player tickets, numerous help chats, Essalonia cleanup and restoration, naughty player investigations, and additional training for The_Fluorspar on his transition from Game 1 to Game 2.
- The_Fluorspar x10: Extensive MassiveRaces bug-testing, Tickets, help chat, 115 plugin testing.
- QGMK x11: Tickets, Plugin Testing, and Tech Assistance.
- Falconhand x4: Tickets and Ban Appeals.
- Takedown x3: Tickets.
- BlueChaos x4: Tickets, Game Meeting.
- Winterless x3: Afflictions and Misc Work.
World were fairly busy this week, preparing for the coming weeks. Various event sites have been worked on, most for events this past week and this next week. A few clandestine bases were spruced up and re-purposed, namely the Kathar estate and the Primalist’s cave. Some new assets were built, including bo2’s for the future, and some new boats.
- WaterDruppel x8: Summer Festival Decor and Clandestine Bases.
- Patsie x3: Drullvall Estate, Summer Festival Build, and Summer Solsctice Build.
- Bunemma x10: Event Acting, and Decoration and Tickets.
- StFeullien x6: Castle in Test Server.
- JakePostonJake1 x14: Man o’ War, Boats, Medieval Weapons Pallet, etc.
- LumosJared x2: Regalia Upkeep.
- SpunSugar x7: Highland Festival Builds.
This week, the Lore Department focused on a few upcoming race rewrites, as well as a large number of character sheets that required processing, and a noted increase in Discord Tickets. OkaDoka did some Roleplay Statistics Analysis gathering by reviewing a whole host of applications, the results of which can be viewed here. In addition, the Progression posts from the World System were written by Monmarty and BillyTheScruffy, with assistance from MantaRey. We’d also shoutout HydraLana for well over 30 points of lore writing this week. All the links to his stuff from this week can be seen in a spoiler tag below.
- Lumiess x8: Lore Writing.
- Arhbi x6: Character Sheets.
- TheBioverse x6: Character Sheets.
- Athelois x10: Tickets.
- Bellarmina x4: Character Sheets, Tickets, and Race Update Lore Writing.
- OkaDoka x12: Character Sheets.
- WaterDruppel x4: Discord Tickets and Lore Processing.
- Katiesc x6: Character Sheets.
- MantaRey x5: Lore Progression Assistance and Racial Updates.
- Birdsfoot_Violet x5: Tickets.
- Messtro x10: Character Sheets and Calendar Maint.
- HydraLana x35: Lore Writing.
- Caelamus x23: Character Sheets.
- Arhbi x6: Character Sheets.
- LumosJared x10: Tickets and Writing.
- Wumpatron x7: Character Sheets.
- Anarchizm x17: Character Sheets.
- BillyTheScruffy x17: Noble System Catch up Report.
Quest this week focused on quest code writing and review. Specifically, Alj23 focused on writing quest code for a series of quest to soon be implemented into Essalonia. Some of these quest are ready for installation on the test server for initial playthrough and bugfixing. Additionally, continuing work has been done on research and compiling request for new quest rules that will aid in the immersion factor for player’s quest experience on the server.
- Derpadillo x1: Quest Writing, Bugfixing.
- Alj23 x3: Quest Coding and Documentation.
This week PR focused again on our usual routine artist spotlights, social media upkeep, screenshots, and new player help. Along with that Miracle678 has finished his factions guide and FlossyBerryRene did some graphic work on it. PR also began the very early prep work for character cards so the next step could be taken.
- Miracle678 x5: Factions Guide and New Player Focus.
- Battlebrawn x3: PMC Upkeep and In-game Screenshots.
- Seoulmate x4: Weekend Roundup.
- Pixycandi x5: New Player Assistance and new Graphics Designs.
- Hierophant x5: Player Spotlight and Event Assistance.
This week, tech has been mainly working towards the 1.15 update. CS_Birb has been working on various projects such as the implementation of Prism as our replacement for Hawkeye and CoreProtect as well as various bug fixes on the server. FourThirteen has also been liaising with the Game department to test and configure new plugins for the 1.15 update. ItsLateKnight and XxXYaJrAbXxX have been contributing towards fixing more bugs from the last round of testing on MassiveRaces which will hopefully allow for another round of testing within the near future.
- XxXYaJrAbXxX x17: Documentation, Game Meeting Advising.
- FourThirteen x6: [[REDACTED]].