This week, Direction focused on Individual Direction and Paperwork, specifically helping out the Game Department better communicate to the player base, and assisting in the training of new aspirants. A few new aspirants were also taken on, and the usual bout of Server Emails, and Project Assigning were completed. Staff is still actively recruiting, so if you are interested in joining Tech, Quest, PR, Game, or World, please apply here! https://forums.massivecraft.com/forums/staff-applications.11/.
- LumosJared x3: Individual Direction and Staff Apps.
- LumosJared x2: Changelog Structure and Paperwork.
- LumosJared x2: Staff:Dept Updates and Staff Recruitment.
- TheComputerGeek x10: Tech Direction Panel Work.
- Derpadillo x3: Individual Direction and Game Direction.
This week, Game updated rules regarding advertising items as “God,” which can be found here. More work was completed on the new world, and look out for a post today on the front page of the forums for an update on the future of Factions-Survival Worlds. The ability to create parties at KitPVP was added to the server, but came with some bugs, which we are looking into. Another round of Races testing was completed, and issues were compiled and sent to Tech for debugging. Two new projects were proposed, Afflictions and Gauntlet Quests, which players will find out more about as time goes on. A few new mythic mobs were created, and the usual 20 player tickets, numerous help chats, Essalonia cleanup and restoration, and naughty player investigations were completed.
- Winterless x6: KitPVP tweaks and Misc Work.
- NotchyHerobrine x5: Aspirancy Training, Help Chats, Game Events.
- The_Fluorspar x28: Extensive MassiveRaces bug-testing, Hadar Spawn concept, misc work.
- QGMK x12: Tickets, Faction Points, Plugin Testing.
- Drejr x7: Game Training and Obstacle Creations.
- Takedown x6: Tickets and Meeting.
- BlueChaos x6: Bo2’s.
- Sir_Daragon x9: Ban Appeals, MythicMobs, Game Dept Leadership.
World were fairly busy this week, preparing for the coming weeks. Various event sites have been worked on, most for events this past week and this next week. A few clandestine bases were spruced up and re-purposed, namely the Kathar estate and the Primalist’s cave. Some new assets were built, including bo2’s for the future, and some new boats.
- WaterDruppel x4: Bo2s, Red Palace, Tickets.
- Patsie x6: Estates and Interiors and Bo2s.
- EdnaMode x10: Regalia Rental Decor and Bo2s.
- LumosJared x1: Regalia Upkeep and Bo2’s.
- Pixycandi x7: Interiors and Tickets.
This week on your Lore weekly roundup! https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Crime_Rules#Clandestine_Raids A reminder that there are Clandestine Base Raid rules on the Crime Rules page on the wiki which are to be followed when planning to attack a group. These are the only rules that must be followed, unless a member of Lore Staff states otherwise for whatever reason. There is no such thing as “opening” up your base for raids, as they may be raided at any time if a group wishes to, and an owner cannot establish their own rules. The owner of the base and the attackers may, however, establish their own rules in private beforehand.
We want to be clear that Housing Rules are still to be followed, but recently we have seen a lot of players editing the outside of their region where they shouldn’t be. Please take the time to read this thread again, which is also at the top of the Server News and Announcements page on the forums: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/regalia-housing-rules-updated.71587/ . A player will be warned only once through an in-game mail (the /mail command) when they edit a region in a place they shouldn’t. After this warning, you will get evicted from the rental region if it happens again. Always make a ticket when you are unsure of what to do. We do not like to evict players from their regions, but it costs us a lot of unnecessary work to keep fixing the buildings.
As a side note, we do not currently accept any shop conversions due to our plans for V6.
There are some Emporium stall properties up for application, fellas! Consider applying and get in some of that underworld merchant RP. https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/crookback-emporium-property-application.84926/#post-970883
And finally! In terms of actual RP updates Lore side, The first Gallovian Royal Court Appointments are out! Miathail, and head of the Court Entertainment and Themes – is Milena du Brierust. Filidhean – head of history and diplomacy – Reginald Typhonus. Ghilli – Head of outdoors activities and hunts – Julius Peirgarten. And a Laird of the Court – Theopold Kreiburg. Congratulations!
And finally, for real this time, the https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/drachenburg-chancellery-decree-8-18-308.86593/ Lord Chancellor’s latest decree.
- LumosJared x10: Special Perms, Tickets, Writing.
- BetaInsomnia x8: Character Sheets.
- OkaDoka x10: Character Sheets and Writing.
- Katiesc x5: Character Sheets.
- Birdsfoot_Violet x5: Tickets and Perms and Consultation.
- Caelamus x19: Character Sheets.
- Carlit0o x17: Sheets and Roundup.
- FireFan96 x15: Processing.
- Anarchizm x11: Character Sheets.
- Arhbi x10: Character Sheets.
- Eccetra x7: Tickets.
- Wumpatron x7: Tickets.
The Quest department is actively recruiting! The Quest department is responsible for the in-game questing experience, which involves writing storylines, transferring storylines into quest code, and then inputting that code in-game for debugging and quality assurance testing. Along the way you’ll also create NPCs, WorldGuard regions, MythicMobs, and exciting environments, and overall let your creativity flow. Additional detailed information can be found at https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Staff:Quest . If this sounds interesting to you, we encourage you to consider making an aspirant application here on the forums by visiting the “staff and community feedback” section. You can also contact Alj23 or Derpadillo with specific questions.
- Derpadillo x3: Quest Writing, Bugfixing, and Dept Leadership.
- Alj23 x1: Quest Coding and Documentation.
This week PR released two posts along with some direction of game department, notably Qgmk. This was done with our weekly upkeep of social media and some finalization on a factions guide done by Miracle678.
- Cjann x2: Screenshots and Updates.
- Anarchizm x6: Data and External Scouting.
- Battlebrawn x2: PMC upkeep.
- Seoulmate x6: Weekend Roundup and Events.
This week for Tech, there has been a lot of focus on MassiveRaces. CS_Birb has been working on Factions 3 integration for MassiveLock. TheComputerGeek2 has been creating a transition plan and started to implement Gradle as a replacement to Maven for the Tech department. FourThirteen has been liaising with Game department for 1.15 configuration and testing. CS_Birb, Derpadillo and XxXYaJrAbXxX have been fixing various bugs such as integration with McMMO where McMMO was overriding damage modifiers for the races and XP gain events. There was also an issue with the implementation of MythicMobs where spawning a vanilla Minecraft mob would be overridden by MythicMobs and causing wolves to fall through the world. We then decided to integrate MythicMobs entirely for spawning the Kathar ultimate, Necrotic Summoning which allows them to be configured completely through the MythicMobs configuration now.
- XxXYaJrAbXxX x9: MassiveRaces Development.
- FourThirteen x2: Plugin Config.
- Derpadillo x6: MassiveRaces.
- TheComputerGeek x10: Gradle for Massive.