This week, Direction focused on Individual Direction and Paperwork, specifically helping out the Game Department better communicate to the player base, and assisting in the training of new aspirants. A few new aspirants were also taken on, and the usual bout of Server Emails, and Project Assigning were completed. Staff is still actively recruiting, so if you are interested in joining Tech, Quest, PR, Game, or World, please apply here! https://forums.massivecraft.com/forums/staff-applications.11/.
- LumosJared x3: Individual Direction and Staff Apps.
- LumosJared x2: Changelog Structure and Paperwork.
- LumosJared x2: Staff:Dept Updates and Staff Recruitment.
This week, the Game Department spent hours working on Gauntlet Quests, and we are very pleased with its progress. With the help of survivalist, ForrestMoss, we achieved 95% completion of the new map spawn town. Work for races is still occurring, but mostly on the Tech side this week. The usual 28 player tickets, numerous help chats, Essalonia cleanup and restoration, and naughty player investigations were completed. We hosted Spleef and Boat Race Events this week! You can choose which events we host this week here: https://www.massivecraft.com/discord-factions)
- NotchyHerobrine x7: Aspirancy Training, Help Chats, Game Events.
- Drejr x11: Game Training and Obstacle Creations.
- Takedown x9: Tickets and Factions Stats Project.
- Winterless x4: Tickets.
- Falconhand x3: Ban Appeals.
- BlueChaos x11: Game Assignments and Tickets and Nether Restoration.
- The_Fluorspar x21: Help chats, Hadar Spawn, special shop, misc work
- QGMK x19: Tickets, Faction Points, Plugin Testing, Dungeons.
- Sir_Daragon x11: Ban Appeals, MythicMobs, Game Dept Leadership.
World were fairly busy this week, preparing for the coming weeks. Various event sites have been worked on, most for events this past week and this next week. A few clandestine bases were spruced up and re-purposed, namely the Kathar estate and the Primalist’s cave. Some new assets were built, including bo2’s for the future, and some new boats.
- WaterDruppel x10: Farah’Deen Market.
- Patsie x18: Peirgarten Estates.
- SnashuuPomayMay x4: Interior Decor.
- SpunSugar x13: Noble Estates.
- StFeuillien x7: Farahdeen Market.
- Pixycandi x3: Vakgar’s World Request.
Afflictions page was getting with the recent Bloodline updates, so now it’s pretty. Vampirism Bloodline pages have a box at the bottom for quick navigation between bloodlines, now.
World System Updates:
New Prog is out! You can now contact the new office of the Whip on performance of the State.
https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/his-excellency-jared-silverhands-office-of-the-whip.86901/DMs are accepting more questions. I’ll reiterate the questions we are willing to answer in pm once again. Individual “Sensitive” questions
If one has a question that relates specifically to a plot, or action, or family related issue in regards to the system, pm that question directly to me through discord. These questions will be collected throughout the week and answered by Marty and Billy on Mondays/Tuesdays (So ensure that your questions come in early after a progression) and the answers delivered to the asker soon after. We may make an exception if a question is especially pertinent and we’ll have those questions answered by Thursday/Friday in preparation to Order submission.
Event Updates:Finlaggan’s CRP Dungeon beta test went off well with an attendance of ten and we gathered enough info to finetune the format for another run soon.
- FireFan96 x7: Processing.
- Carlit0o x12: Sheets and Roundup.
- Finlaggan x22: Special Permissions.
- Fantuinn x17: Character Sheets.
- Katiesc x9: Character Sheets.
- TheBioverse x8: Character Sheets.
- BetaInsomnia x7: Lore Processing.
- Wumpatron x6: Tickets.
- Bellarmina x3: Event Work.
- WaterDruppel x4: Lore Processing.
- Eccetra x17: Discord Tickets.
- Caelamus x20: Character Sheets.
- Birdsfoot_Violet x5: Tickets and Perms and Consultation.
- BillyTheScruffy x9: Nobility Systems.
- Arhbi x6: Character Sheets.
- LumosJared x10: Dwarves and Special Perms.
- Athelois x9: Character Sheets.
- Messtro x4: Character Sheets.
The Quest department is actively recruiting! The Quest department is responsible for the in-game questing experience, which involves writing storylines, transferring storylines into quest code, and then inputting that code in-game for debugging and quality assurance testing. Along the way you’ll also create NPCs, WorldGuard regions, MythicMobs, and exciting environments, and overall let your creativity flow. Additional detailed information can be found at https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Staff:Quest . If this sounds interesting to you, we encourage you to consider making an aspirant application here on the forums by visiting the “staff and community feedback” section. You can also contact Alj23 or Derpadillo with specific questions.
- Derpadillo x2: Quest Writing, Bugfixing, and Dept Leadership.
- Alj23 x1: Quest Coding and Documentation.
This week in the PR department FlossyBerryRene started to write up an August Host Recognition post. After some revisions, this post was released on Friday the 4th. Alongside general maintenance of the servers social media’s and work to make the server a better place PR had a fairly productive week!
- Cjann x2: Weekly Update and Screenshots.
- Hierophant x3: PR announcements.
- Battlebrawn x2: PMC upkeep.
- FlossyBerryRene x8: Host Recognition.
- Miracle678 x5: Factions Guide.
- Pixycandi x11: External Insta Posts.
This week in the tech department, CS_Birb has been working more on the 1.15 update as well as minor quality of life improvements for massivelock not costing anything to add or remove in certain worlds (currently used for creative). He has also done a similar thing for the vampire plugin so some worlds may get side effects slower/quicker. Derpadillo and XxXYaJrAbXxX has also been working on some of the mythic mobs for MassiveRaces.
- XxXYaJrAbXxX x10: MassiveRaces Development.