This week, Direction focused on Individual Direction and Paperwork, specifically helping out the Game Department better communicate to the player base, and assisting in the training of new aspirants. A few new aspirants were also taken on, and the usual bout of Server Emails, and Project Assigning were completed. Staff is still actively recruiting, so if you are interested in joining Tech, Quest, PR, Game, or World, please apply here! https://forums.massivecraft.com/forums/staff-applications.11/.
- LumosJared x3: Individual Direction and Staff Apps.
- LumosJared x2: Changelog Structure and Paperwork.
- LumosJared x2: Staff:Dept Updates and Staff Recruitment.
- Derpadillo x6: Individual Direction.
This week, Game prepared for the new Factions-Survival Map release. A new vendor selling black-market lore items can be found around Essalonia spawn, so be sure to find him for some limited items! We handled a live stress test of the server involving players lagging out the creative world, and we continued work building Gauntlet Dungeons. The usual 30 player tickets, numerous help chats, Essalonia cleanup and restoration, and naughty player investigations were completed. We hosted Spleef and KOTH Events this week! You can vote on which events we host the coming week here: https://www.massivecraft.com/discord-factions
- The_Fluorspar x26: Help chats, tickets, Shady Merchant NPC, Misc Events.
- BlueChaos x6: Game Assignments and Tickets.
- Winterless x1: Tickets.
- NotchyHerobrine x5: Aspirancy Training.
- Falconhand x7: Game Documenation.
- QGMK x14: Tickets.
- Drejr x11: Game Training and Obstacle Creations.
World Staff worked on some Estates this week, as well as answering the usual amount of World Requests, and began prep for the last stages of the survial world.
- Patsie x3: Twilight Fantasy Brainstorming.
- Bunemma x3: Misc Builds.
- EdnaMode x6: Regalia Rental Decors.
- WaterDruppel x5: Eleng Decor.
- SpunSugar x5: Event Setup.
- StFeuillien x7: Farahdeen Market.
- Pixycandi x3: Vakgar’s World Request.
Considerate OOC changes have been made to amend previous lore on character creation within these three races. For more of an explanation on the reasoning for the changes, check out Marty’s Announcement Update on the Roleplay Community Discord.
One *very* big update on the page adding a plethora of changes to the lore you should check out!
Here’s a request for player input. We’re at a bit of a crossroads, deciding what to do about Regalia V6, or more specifically, where to take the server’s RP hubs. There’s a modicum of “Regalia Fatigue” for sure after many years of the same, which presents us with the opportunity to consider where we want to take Massive’s RP scene for the coming year(s).
Please help us out by answering this poll. Even if you do not play on the server. If you know anyone who has quit the server, please consider asking them to do this poll, it would help immensely.
And finally we’re got the character cards rolling into the station! A competition with them to boot!
World System Updates:
New Prog is out! BillyTheScruffy has taken over processing of the noble orders on an indefinite basis from this week onwards.
- OkaDoka x30: Character Sheets and Special Permissions.
- Katiesc x14: Tickets, Sheets, Raiding Dungeon Mastering.
- MantaRey x4: Character Sheets.
- Wumpatron x10: Tickets and Sheets.
- Eccetra x9: Discord Tickets.
- FireFan96 x12: Drixagh Rebellion Page.
- MollyMock x33: Character Sheets.
- BetaInsomnia x9: Lore Processing.
- Messtro x16: Character Sheets and Raid Dungeon Mastering.
- Anarchizm x10: Character Sheets.
- Bellarmina x2: Raid Dming.
- Arhbi x3: Character Sheets.
- Caelamus x19: Character Sheets.
- Birdsfoot_Violet x12: Tickets and Perms and Consultation.
- TheBioverse x6: Character Sheets.
- Jonificus x6: Raid Dming and Events.
- BillyTheScruffy x15: Nobility Systems.
- LumosJared x5: Events.
- WaterDruppel x8: Lore Processing.
The Quest department is actively recruiting! The Quest department is responsible for the in-game questing experience, which involves writing storylines, transferring storylines into quest code, and then inputting that code in-game for debugging and quality assurance testing. Along the way you’ll also create NPCs, WorldGuard regions, MythicMobs, and exciting environments, and overall let your creativity flow. Additional detailed information can be found at https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Staff:Quest . If this sounds interesting to you, we encourage you to consider making an aspirant application here on the forums by visiting the “staff and community feedback” section. You can also contact Alj23 or Derpadillo with specific questions.
- Derpadillo x8: Quest Training and Dungeons.
- Alj23 x1: Quest Coding and Documentation.
Alongside screenshots, social media upkeep (Instagram, Facebook, Planetminecraft, ect.), planning some season events for the future, getting started on the Character card plugin post, and helping new players on the server this week, PR started to help Game staff write some documents for the new Essalonia black market and the upcoming new world!
- Seoulmate x9: Weekend Roundup, Video Trailer Work.
- Battlebrawn x4: PMC upkeep.
- FlossyBerryRene x3: Character Card Post.
- Anarchizm x2: HR.
- Miracle678 x4: Factions Guide and Player Research.
This week, tech has been working on MassiveRaces. CS_Birb has released MassiveChar as well as completing server maintenance, dev tools updating and adding /color support for beds (implemented for 1.15). FourThirteen has been working on a bug within vampires, as well as the eating issue bug testing between 1.13 and 1.15 to see if the issue has been resolved and finally more 1.15 configuration and testing. ItsLateKnight also helped with testing the eating issue between 1.13 and 1.15. Derpadillo and XxXYaJrAbXxX have been working on MassiveRaces where Derpadillo created a command to allow players to leave their race. XxXYaJrAbXxX integrated vampires into MassiveRaces so you cannot become a vampire while a race and vice versa, as well as completing the Kathar necrotic summoning mobs..
- XxXYaJrAbXxX x10: MassiveRaces Development.
- CS_birb x4: MassiveChar Release.
- ItsLateKnight x3: 1.15 work.
- FourThirteen x6: [[REDACTED]] work with QGMK.
- Derpadillo x4: Command Updates.