This week, Direction focused on Individual Direction and Paperwork, specifically helping out the Game Department better communicate to the player base, and assisting in the training of new aspirants. A few new aspirants were also taken on, and the usual bout of Server Emails, and Project Assigning were completed. Staff is still actively recruiting, so if you are interested in joining Tech, Quest, PR, Game, or World, please apply here! https://forums.massivecraft.com/forums/staff-applications.11/.
- LumosJared x2: Individual Direction and Staff Apps.
- LumosJared x2: Changelog Structure and Paperwork.
- LumosJared x2: Staff:Dept Updates and Staff Recruitment.
- Derpadillo x9: Organizing and moving these three departments toward making progress on our shared projects and collaborating along the way.
This week, Game introduced World Edit/Terraforming service for regals! We are happy with the requests that have come in so far! You can check it out here: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/world-edit-terraforming-service.87711/ We have recently become aware of an issue with item frames disappearing in some specific areas of Essalonia. If you have noticed any item frames suddenly disappear, please make a ticket in game or on the MassiveCraft Discord (https://www.massivecraft.com/discord) Please include coordinates! Game also completed work on Races and 1.15, which will be coming **very** soon :). The usual 44 player tickets, numerous help chats, world cleanup and restoration, and naughty player investigations were completed. We hosted Parkour and Maze events this week! You can vote on which events we host the coming week here: https://www.massivecraft.com/discord-factions
- QGMK x18: Tickets, Game Meetings and Essa Release.
- The_Fluorspar x2: Tickets and Helpchats and Meetings.
- NotchyHerobrine x8: Tickets and Help Meetings.
- BlueChaos x5: Essalonia Cleanup and Tickets.
- Winterless x6: Tickets and Prism Work.
This week World worked on a great number of things – clandestine bases were established, noble estates redone and redecorated, main street shops decorated, and most excitingly, some V6 concepting and work. Regalia, Essa spawn and Essalonia spawn were all decorated for the season, alongside set up and building for a handful of both player and staff run events. More are planned all throughout the month, including something centered around a spooky pirate ship, so be sure to check the calendar and in game for more info.
- WaterDruppel x6: Eleng, v6, Drakenheim.
- EdnaMode x2: Regalia Event Site Event Setup.
- Patsie x5: Kathar Base Revine.
- JakePostonJake x5: Frigate Restoration and Regalia Rentals.
- SpunSugar x7: Ino Estate Remodel.
- Bunemma x10: Tickets, v6, Region Decor, etc.
- https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/roleplay-staff-acting-recruitment.87609/Lore Actors wanted!
World System Updates:
- An arachnid menace has been squashed by Regalian heroes but what else does this month entail as we grow closer to the dark hallowed holiday?
- Black tattered sails loom in a deep fog off the coast of Crookback Bay. Since offerings have been met, the activity from the Crew of the Damned has lessened. For now. But the peace can’t possibly last forever.
- BetaInsomnia x41: Catch up Report and Processing!
- HydraLana x26: Character Sheets.
- Caelamus x14: Character Sheets.
- Birdsfoot_Violet x2: Tickets and Perms and Consultation.
- BillyTheScruffy x50: Noble System DM and Progression Posts.
- Messtro x7: Character Sheets.
- Carlit0o x7: Character Sheets.
- MantaRey x7: Processing.
- Bellarmina x10: Event Work.
- Eccetra x16: Discord Tickets.
- Finlaggan x29: Permission Reviews.
- MollyMock x11: Character Sheets.
- Fantuinn x10: Character Sheets.
- FireFan96 x11: Character Sheets and Discord Tickets.
- Wumpatron x7: Permission Reviews.
- Jonificus x12: Character Sheets.
- WaterDruppel x4: Lore Processing and Event Acting.
- Arhbi x14: Character Sheets.
- Lumiess x2: Event Acting.
- LumosJared x8: Character Sheets, Processing, Events.
The Quest department is actively recruiting! The Quest department is responsible for the in-game questing experience, which involves writing storylines, transferring storylines into quest code, and then inputting that code in-game for debugging and quality assurance testing. Along the way you’ll also create NPCs, WorldGuard regions, MythicMobs, and exciting environments, and overall let your creativity flow. Additional detailed information can be found at https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Staff:Quest . If this sounds interesting to you, we encourage you to consider making an aspirant application here on the forums by visiting the “staff and community feedback” section. You can also contact Alj23 or Derpadillo with specific questions.
- Derpadillo x2: Department Overhead.
Alongside screenshots, social media upkeep (Instagram, Facebook, Planetminecraft, ect.), we hosted a meeting discussing some future plans including seasonal headers and graphical elements, some revamping to artist spotlights, and planned social media posts.
- Miracle678 x4: Tickets and Research.
- Seoulmate x5: Weekend Roundup.
This week, tech has been busy focusing on the 1.15 update. CS_Birb has been preparing all of the migration scripts for migrating all of the data from external plugins to our plugins. He has also been checking over all of the configurations to make sure they will be correct as soon as we update and finalising the plugin versions we shall be using. TheComputerGeek2 has been working on optimising the factions boards. Derpadillo, FourThirteen and ItsLateKnight has been developing and testing [[REDACTED]] in an attempt to bring [[REDACTED]] and [[REDACTED]] into MassiveCraft. Derpadillo, FourThirteen and XxXYaJrAbXxX has also been testing, developing and bug fixing MassiveRaces in preparations for the balancing phase of the plugin development. Finally, CS_Birb and XxXYaJrAbXxX has also been developing MassiveSkull implementing a method for transferring and keeping the skull name and lore when a player/mob head is placed on the ground as well as creating a method for when a placed head is right clicked, it will show in chat the display name of the head. This should be good to go into the testing phase of the plugin.
- XxXYaJrAbXxX x10: MassiveCore Updates.
- FourThirteen x3: MassiveRaces and Code.
- CS_Birb x7: Various Tasks.
- Derpadillo x15: MassiveRaces, Elytra, and [[REDACTED]].