Common sense is our main driving factor in the rules
In general, respect each other and do not run around ruining the atmosphere for others just so you can have fun. Below you can find more in-depth explanations of the main rules. If you are still unsure whether something is against the rules, ask a staff member. Even if a rule is unclear, ask a staff member, as the staff’s interpretation of the rules is the only valid one.
General Player Rules
- Do not harass players or attempt to bully them off the server. A player saying something mean every now and then is not harassment, you as a player can use the /ignore add <username> feature to not have to listen to it. If the player continues to work around this ignore to bully you, then it becomes harassment. PVP callouts in PVP chat are not harassment.
- Do not misuse channels beyond their intended function. An occasional “funny comment” or “quip” in for example Trade chat is fine, but you are not to derail channels for a purpose they are not intended. Do not spill or create drama in public chats, or engage in excessive arguments that could be done in private message.
- Do not “Doxx” players, or reveal private information on the server. Doxxing players is the intentional revelation of their real-life name, home address, or information that could reasonably lead to their real-life identity being revealed. Revealing information that is already known in the community, or easily google-able is not Doxxing.
- Do not steal, copy, modify or re-use skins (or other content) belonging to other players without their consent. Also, do not use skins or builds that are clearly meant to evoke an erotic or racist sentiment.
- Respect the space and place of other roleplayers without forcing yourself into it. Ask before forcing yourself into a scene, and do not engage in OOC actions on the sidelines that make concentrating on the roleplay harder.
- Do not engage in inappropriate roleplay in public or with minors. Do not engage in excessively disgusting roleplay, excessively vulgar roleplay, meta-roleplay, god-roleplay, or any other such mechanics of fail-roleplay. Stick to our lore when roleplaying.
- Do not use cheats, glitches, hacks, or modified clients to your advantage (including player radar!). Some mods are allowed, always double-check with staff before using one. This rule also covers misusing gameplay features, like staircase glitching or pearl glitching.
- The use of Autoclickers or Macros is not allowed, including Keyboard/Mouse features that are meant to give an edge during PVP are not allowed. The use of hacks or clients that give an edge during PVP are also not allowed. This rule also covers using afk-grinders for MCMMO.
- Anything that is seen to cause lag on the server is not allowed, and will be removed by staff (this may also involve redstone machines). If you are unsure whether something causes lag, consult with staff. This also involves using flowing water to create mob grinders, auto-farms, afk-farms, or any other form of automation that is either unfair, or harmful to server performance. You should also keep passive mobs to 50 or less per chunk.
- We do not force you to respect our staff, but we ask that you are patient and cordial with our Staff. If a Staff member mistreats you, make a complaint on the forum. Do not impersonate staff, waste their time, or backseat moderate.
Faction Specific Rules
- Treat other players fairly in factions. Do not invite them just to kick and steal from them. Do not engage in scamming, and do not use the Factions plugin to ridicule or make them feel miserable.
- Do not build server-theme unfriendly bases, flying builds are allowed as long as they look good and theme-appropriate, buildings should be built with a medieval or high-fantasy style to fit our server-theme. We ask players put some creativity into their builds besides just making a cobblestone box.
- Do not use Alternate accounts to artificially increase mob spawns in your area, spy on other factions and steal items, own multiple shops in /tp market, or use them to mass-farm quest rewards or other server-time rewards.
- When a Faction makes peace with another faction, there is a 10 day enforced truce. If both sides accept that peace, this truce is enforced by staff. Factions cannot be forced into a peace either way, but player should be flexible and compromise, even in warfare. If your enemy stops logging on, you can’t extract tribute from them anymore.
- Do not destroy other people’s builds, even if it is not claimed by a faction. You may “break and enter” by destroying a few blocks, but not take down whole sections. You may steal from unlocked chests, but not rip out materials from structures.
- Within faction, Faction Owners are lord and master over buildings. They are allowed to destroy any buildings in their faction. That being said, owners should be kind towards their faction members. Claiming over someone else’s base is still illegal.
- Do not grief the surroundings of another faction by building ugly structures. You may use dirt pillars to help you raid, but only if you will clean them up immediately afterwards. You may also not build offensive structures either outside of a faction or anywhere on the map.
- Do not create Faction land or portal traps that a player cannot escape from, unless they willingly entered a portal or entered a building, as long as they could see that portal.
- It is illegal to sell or buy Alts for faction power padding, and excessive use of alts to give large land claim is also illegal. Staff will allow some alt usage to add extra land claim as long as it does not become excessive. Confer with staff what is excessive or not.
- Alt factions are allowed, but need to have the letters AF at the end of their name or in the faction description at all times. They may be composed entirely of Alts. Daughter factions of bigger Empire factions are not Alt factions, as long as they have an active non-Alt member base.