- Rules related to Players
- Rules related to Staff
- Rules related to Roleplay
- Rules related to Server Identity
- Rules related to Alternate Accounts
- Rules related to Faction War
- Rules related to Griefing
- Rules related to Chat
- Rules related to Cheats and Glitches
- Rules related to Plugins and Mechanics
- Rules related to Faction Power & Claim
- Rules on Alt Factions
Rules related to Players
- Do not troll, harass, or bully other players in any way.
- Do not use an offensive skin, username or nickname.
- Do not reveal Real Life information, especially home addresses.
- Do not break the Mojang Terms of Services or engage in illegal actions.
- Do not scam other players either on the Forums or in-Game.
- Do not invite players to factions just to steal from them.
- Do not steal skins from players or maliciously edit them.
- If you have a problem with Staff or Players, report them on the Forum.
Rules related to Staff
- Do not backseat moderate, or threaten others with punishment.
- Do not attack staff for being staff, including their factions.
- Do not waste or abuse staff time when they are working.
- Never ask staff to abuse their powers or rank privileges.
Rules related to Roleplay
- Do not disrupt the roleplay of others or force yourself onto others.
- Do not engage in inappropriate roleplay with minors or in public.
- Do not break the lore or roleplay as something outside of lore.
- Do not Metagame or Powergame or God Roleplay.
- Do not use Minecraft Mechanics to your RP advantage.
For more in-depth Roleplay related Rules, consult Roleplay Rules
Rules related to Server Identity
- Do not build overly non-medieval builds.
- Do not build a box-structure or something equally uncreative.
- Do not make your faction entirely unraidable when it is above ground, not limited to but including sun-roofs or full encasing.
- You are allowed to make floating builds as long as they are easily raidable.(Reachable via enderpearls from the ground)
Rules related to Alternate Accounts
- Do not use Alts to artificially increase mob spawns in your area.
- Do not use Alts to spy on enemy factions or steal items.
- Do not avoid Server Punishments with Alts.
- Do not use Alts to spam rewards from Quests or other reward or free item systems.
- Alts may exist in other factions for social reasons (like chat), but may not be sold for power.
- A faction may never exceed 50% Alt population of total. See Claim Abuse Rules below.
Rules related to Faction War
- There is no demand limit for peace. However, there are guidelines which can be followed, though these are not enforced by the Rules:
- A good tribute would be 300 Regals plus 50 Regals per member.
- A sum of regals is not the only peace demand that can be made, factions may also surrender resources, or anything else that they have to offer.
- There are still some rules related to warfare and peace. These are not guidelines, and are enforced by the Rules:
- After peace has been accepted, there is a 10 days enforced truce between the warring factions, though can be extended longer by the involved factions if they want.
Rules related to Griefing
- Do not destroy other people’s builds, you may create a small entry if necessary however.
- Do not build pillars or structures to enter an enemy faction without removing them after.
- Do not disrespect a Faction Owner’s right to demolish or alter builds in their own Faction.
- Do not grief or intentionally make someone else’s build look ugly, or build offensive structures.
- Do not grief the exterior of any region you rent in Regalia. You must ask staff for exterior edits.
- These rules all extend to buildings that are also unclaimed by a Faction and still have people using them.
- A Darkroom is for all intents and purposes still considered a Building and may not be griefed or destroyed.
- Do not create a portal close to survival world spawns.
- Do not claim builds that are being actively used by a player or faction under your own faction. Please use the HawkEye tool with /he tool to check activity.
Rules related to Chat
- Do not misuse chat channels for something else other than their purpose.
- Do not cause drama in public chats. Divert your complaints or reports to the Forums.
- Do not impersonate staff or pretend/allude to be staff in any way or form.
- Do not engage in political, religious, sensitive, or inappropriate topics in public channels.
- Do not advertise competing servers either in public or private Chat Channels.
Rules related to Cheats and Glitches
- Do not use a glitch to your advantage, and report any glitches you find.
- Do not use Cheats or Hacked Clients to your advantage, and report those who do.
- Do not use Autoclickers, Macros or Mouse/Keyboard features to gain an advantage.
- Abusing plugin tools that are used to simplify commands (like Hawkeye and MassiveLock tools) is not allowed (for example: Selling, Building, crafting)
Rules related to Plugins and Mechanics
- Anything that causes lag, or is understood to cause lag by staff can and will be removed.
- Do not create massive Redstone machines or engines that cause Lag.
- Do not use Water, Carts or Pistons to affect or kill Mobs or create Mob Grinders.
- Do not create auto-farms, water-farms, or other non-manual farming.
- Do not use any of the plugins to spam messages to other players or to avoid mute punishments.
- Do not break Minecraft mechanics through plugin usage or vice versa.
- Do not misuse plugins in way they were intended to be used. For example Stair glitching.
- Do not misuse Faction Permissions in ways they were not intended to be used.
- Do not create traps involving portals or invisible portals to capture or kill players.
Rules related to Faction Power & Claim
- Every Player is entitled to 1 Alt Account per Player per Faction. Having more Alts will result in removal of the Alts
- Every Faction should never have more than 50% of its members as Alts. Exceeding the limit will result in the Faction being disbanded.
- Any person in a form of co-habitation (marriage/room-mates etc.) is still allowed to have one Alt. Please communicate such a status to staff when relevant.
- Extreme Alt-abuse within factions (padding huge numbers of power claim with alts) will result in the offending accounts being banned.
- Extreme Alt-abuse within factions (padding huge numbers of power claim with alts) will result in the Faction in question being disbanded.
- For more specific rules on Faction Claim Abuse, please refer to our Wiki Page: https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Faction_Claim_Abuse.
- It is illegal to be overclaimed (thus have more land claim than possible) by more than 10%. Factions should stick to Power Limits.
- It is illegal to sell or buy faction membership just to boost Faction Power. Factions that are over claimed will have their overclaim unclaimed randomly.
- You cannot claim land for the purpose of creating a raid portal.
- Factions that exist solely as a market faction are not permitted.
- Continued alt abuse will result in bans.
Rules on Alt Factions
- Alt Factions are not allowed in any shape or form, at least currently, as either an extension of an existing faction or a new one
- Factions that have specific purposes (i.e storage, darkrooming, etc) are likely Alt factions and as such not allowed.
- Daughter factions (as long as not with specific purpose like the above) of bigger factions owned by an Alt are not Alt Factions.
- The above rule applies as long as the faction has active members for who there is no more place in the main faction.
- Whether or not a Faction is an Alt Faction is up to Staff interpretation. Alt Factions when found will be immediately disbanded without warning.